Crime Prevention Unit
Evansville police Department Crime Prevention Unit has 10 Crime Prevention Officers (CPO), 1 Sgt. and 2 civilians. There are 3 sectors and 12 beats, and each has a CPO assigned. In each sector and beat there are 42 neighborhood associations which have a CPO assigned. The CPO’s work closely with the neighborhood associations building trust and working together to solve crime. The CPO Unit provides security instruction as well as information about the EPD and police work in general. Schools, businesses, organizations, churches, and individuals are encouraged to call or stop by our CPO office location at 401 E. Columbia St. for further information.
Sgt. Ted Karges is the CPO Unit Commander and supervises and oversees the community police unit, its officers and its programs. . Sgt. Karges can be reached at 812-435-6039 and is stationed as are all the CPO’s in the Sector office.
Civilian Kerry Blondin
Kerry is the secretary for the sector office and for NON-emergency information and help can be contacted at:
401 E. Columbia St. Evansville In. 47711
Civilian Linda Jones
Linda is the Weed and Seed Coordinator for the Dept. She is the Liason to United Neighborhoods of Evansville . She organizes National Night out, the Evansville Christmans Parade, and the Star Neighborhood Christmas Party. She is available to assist any neighborhood in the city with activities.
401 E. Columbia St. Evansville In. 47711
Meet Your Crime Prevention Officer
Boundaries of South Sector at Lloyd Expressway south to the city limits and Riverside east to Weinbach Ave.
South sector has 3 beats and each have a CPO assigned to the beat and neighborhood associations
Officer Nick Sandullo 812-435-6035
Beat 1 boundaries are Lloyd Expressway south to Washington Ave. NW Riverside east to Kentucky.
- Bellemeade/Bayard Park, they meet every first Thursday of every month at 6:00 PM
- Blackford’s Grove , they meet every second Monday of every month at 7:00 PM
- Downtown, meets on second Tuesday of every other month at 6 PM (Jan, Mar, Sept, and Nov).
- Coin meets on the third Tuesday of every month at 10:00 AM
- CCIA meets on the Third Tuesday of every month at 6:30 PM
- Riverside meets on the third Wednesday of EVEN months (Feb, Apr, June, Aug, Oct, and Dec).
- OEHA meets the last Tuesday of ODD months at 6:30 PM (Jan, Mar, May, Jul, Sep, Nov)
Officer Erik Belford 812-435-6107
Beat 2 boundaries are Washington south to Riverside. Veterans to Kentucky Ave.
- Tepe Park meets on the third Monday of each month at 6:30 PM
- Glenwood meets on the third Thursday of each month at 6:00 PM
- Culver meets on the 3rd Tuesday quarterly at 6:30 PM( Jan, Apr, Jul, and Oct)
- Goosetown meets on the fourth Tuesday of each month at 6:30 PM
Officer Chad Diedrich 812-435-6037
Beat 3 boundaries are Lloyd Expressway south to I69, Kentucky Ave. east to Weinbach.
- Lincoln/Bellemeade meets the second Tuesday of the month at 6PM
- Presidents meets at time and date TBD
- University South meets every fourth Tuesday of the month at 6:30 PM
- Akin Park meets every third Thursday of the month at 6:15 PM
South Sector Citizens meeting. They meet the 2nd Thursday of every other month beginning in January. The meeting location is the C.K. Newsome Center at 6PM
Boundaries are Hwy 41 east to the city limits everything NE and SE of Weinbach and Washington Ave. to the city limits.
East sector has 5 beats and each have a CPO assigned to the beat and neighborhood associations.
Beat 1 & 4
Officer Anna Gray 812-485-3064
Beat 1 boundaries are Morgan Ave. north to the city limits, Hwy 41 east to Greenriver Rd
Beat 4 boundaries are Greenriver Rd. to Burkhardt and south of Newburgh Rd. to city limits including east of Burkhardt.
- Timber Park meets first Monday of every month at 6:30 PM
- Willemette meets second Thursday of every month at 6:30 PM
- Greater Oakhill meets every fourth Monday at 6:00 PM
- Hoosier/Cullen meetings TBD
- Arcadian Acres meetings TBD
Officer Jay Pagett 812-485-3065
Beat 2 boundaries are Weinbach east to Greenriver Rd., and Morgan Ave. south to Washington Ave.
- Vogel/Spring Park meets the second Monday of every month at 7 PM. No meetings and Feb, and Dec.
- Midtown meets the second Tuesday of every month at 7 PM. No meetings in Apr, June, June, Aug, Nov, and Dec.
- Alvord BLVD meets the last Tuesday of the month at 7 PM Feb, March, April, May, Aug, Oct, and Nov.
- South Lincoln Park meet twice a year TBD
Officer Andy Carlile 812-485-3063
Beat 3 boundaries are Weinbach Ave east to Greenriver Rd., and Washington Ave south to the city limits.
- South Dexter meets first Monday of every month at 6 PM.
- South East Side meets first Thursday of every month at 6 PM
- Ross Center meets second Thursday of every month at 6 PM
- Eastview meets every 3rd Wednesday of every month at 6:30 PM.
- Lorraine Park meets the fourth Tuesday of every month at 6:30 PM
Beat 5 & 4
Officer Kevin Corbin 812-485-3061
Beat 5 boundaries are Lloyd & Greenriver north and east to the City Limits.
Beat 4 boundaries are Greenriver Rd. east to Burkhardt and south of Newburgh RD. to the city limits including east of Burkhardt.
- Plaza meets the second Monday of every month at 6 PM
East Sector Citizens meeting. They meet the 3rd Tuesday of every other month beginning in January. The meeting place is McGary Middle school at 6 PM.
Boundaries at Lloyd Expressway north to the city limits, and Hwy 41 and Lloyd Expressway west to the city limits. West sector has 4 beats and each have a CPO assigned to the beat and neighborhood associations.
Beats 1 & 4
Officer Bill Schafer 812-435-6105
Beat 1 boundaries are St. Joe Ave west to city limits, and Broadway north to the city limits
Beat 4 boundaries are Hwy 41 & Diamond to Kratzville to the city limits to the north.
Beat 1 Associations
- Hilltop meets the last Tuesday of each month at 6:00 PM
- Poplar Grove meets the second Wednesday of the month at 7:00 PM
- West Improvement meet the third Thursday of each month at 6:30 PM
- Western Terrace meet quarterly TBD at 6:30 PM
- Helfrich meet the first Monday of the month at 6:00 Pm
Beat 4 Associations
- North Country Club meet quarterly the third Tuesday of the Month at 6:00 PM
- First Ave West meet the third Tuesday of the month at 6:00 PM
Officer Kenny Dutschke 812-435-6103
Beat 2 Boundaries are Lloyd Expressway north to Diamond Ave. and St. Joe Ave east to Hwy 41
- Star meets the first Thursday of every month at 6PM
- Chain meets the second Tuesday of every month at 6PM
Officer Eric Krogman 812-435-6116
Beat 3 Boundaries are First Ave East to Hwy 41 and Diamond Ave south to Lloyd Expressway.
- Jacobsville meets the third Tuesday of every month at 6:30 PM
- Business 41 meets the second Tuesday of every month at 5:15 PM
- Diamond Stringtown meets the first Tuesday of every month at 7:00 PM
West Sector Citizens meeting. They meet the 3rd Thursday of every month beginning in January. The meeting place is the West Sector Office at 6 PM.
CRIME FREE MULTI-HOUSING
The Crime Free Multi Housing program is administered amongst all 10 CPO’s with Officer Krogman and Corbin being the main administers of the program. In an effort to combat the problems that arise from distressed rental properties, the Evansville Police Department is sponsoring a creative, successful program developed in Mesa, AZ back in the early 1990’s. This program, Crime Free Multi-Housing©, is currently used in approximately 2,000 cities worldwide, in more than a dozen countries. It’s a new way for EPD, local landlords, and tenants to work together to combat the issues of crime and nuisance behavior at duplexes, apartment communities, and other rental properties. It addresses these issues through better tenant screening, attempting to ease eviction processes, better sharing of information between communities and EPD, education on criminal behavior and its infectious nature, and involving the community residents and landlords together by assigning them both responsibility and accountability, without decreasing their voice in how their community is run.
For Further information on this program contact the West Sector office at 812-435-6135