Domestic Violence Unit

The Domestic Violence Unit is located at Holly’s House, 750 North Park Drive, Evansville, IN.

Hours of Operation:
Monday – Friday
7:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
After hours emergency call outs are initiated by calling the Central Dispatch center at 911.

Phone: (812) 436-7949
Fax: (812) 435-2396

Two investigators are assigned to investigate and follow up on incidents of family violence involving both juveniles and adults. The unit meets with representatives from the prosecutor’s office, Child Protective Service (CPS) and advocates of various community organizations in order to foster cooperation between agencies when investigating crimes and providing referral services.

Where can I file petition for a Protective Order?
You may file a petition for a Protective Order in any court unless you have a pending divorce or legal separation in another court. Then, you must file the petition in that court. Vanderburgh County residents may file the order at the Vanderburgh County Clerk’s Office, Vanderburgh County Courts Building located at 825 Sycamore Street. There is no charge to file a petition for a Protective Order.

What information is needed to file a protective order?
You will need to have the abuser’s name, sex, race, height, and weight (approximations are OK), hair color, eye color and date of birth. You should also have a known address where the abuser can be served with the order.